Monday, February 23, 2009

Boys Club











Sometimes I feel like we have a boys club in our house and there are no girls allowed. Colby is definitely a daddy's boy and now Harrison seems to be the same way. The boys don't like to do the things that I like to do. If I take them shopping, Colby usually asks within 10 minutes when we can go home. If daddy is doing anything Colby is right there helping him. Last weekend Colby was watching cartoons when Cody's 4x4 show came on because it was set record. When I walked in the family room I noticed it had changed so I went to change the channel. Colby wanted to watch it and he said, "Let's see what they are building today." I know it will probably never change but that's okay with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is definitely boys for ya... My husband gets like that when he hangs with his brothers/brothers in law, and his guy friends... but hey! We wouldn't want them in on some of our stuff either. :)

The Coxclan said...

I know how you feel being the only female member of a boys club myself. It's got it's perks though. You can go off and do girl things without feeling bad about taking a daughter along (if you had one) and boys have to be nice to you because you are teaching them how to respect women. You'll really love it later on during teenage years when girls would have been moody and ornery. So boys really do rock.

Jenn and Mike said...

I think I have the same problem here! Although I am not the strict disciplinarian in our house.., they always seem to listen to their dad more and come running to me for hugs and kisses... and cuddles. Anyway, I completely agree! So I am praying for less testosterone with the little one inside.. a few more weeks and we will know for sure. I guess Amie is having a boy. So for now, I am the last hope!

Heather said...

Seems to be in the Silvester blood. Although I do have a daughter she's a total tom-boy and fits right in with the 4 other boys and my husband... so I know about that boys club. It kind of works out though when they're taking care of you and you're the queen of the castle, undisputed!