Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Brian




I wanted to wish my brother a Happy Birthday! I really do miss him and I would never forget his Birthday. It's been 4 years since he passed away and the hurt hasn't gone away. I think of him everyday. I know he is around us but I miss his laugh, his hugs, and his fun sense of humor.

The kids and I went to Brian's grave today and put some flowers on it. I know Colby doesn't fully understand where Brian is but he tells me that he misses him. I think it's really sweet. I look forward to telling my boys and his boy about all the memories I have of him. He was an amazing man, so much fun, and loved by everyone. I know this separation is temporary and I look forward to seeing him again someday.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pauline - one of your faraway Silvester cousins-in-law here. Taking your kids to the cemetery is the best thing in the world to help them understand life and death, and life after death. We take our kids a few times a year to see their sister Rachel, and their Grandma Nebeker who passed away last year, their Auntie Romi, and their great-grandpa Henderson. We try to remember to take bubbles to blow kisses to heaven and let them run around. We look for interesting headstones and really old dates. On a beautiful day, a picnic would be totally appropriate. Thanks for sharing about your brother. In spite of all we know, it's still hard to lose a loved one.

Jennifer